Monday 1 March 2021

Celebrating England's queens in Women's History Month

 

I talk about women's history all the time on this blog so in a way, every month is women's history month. But in March 2021, I really want to put the focus on the amazing women in royal history as well as the female voices bringing them to life today.


I want to dive more into the myths and perceptions around England's queens and how their stories are told. As well as my daily focus on a royal house, I'll also be sharing my favourite books and media interpretations of queenly stories and looking at the image of England's royal women. And I'll be explaining why some writers have really helped bring queens and consorts alive for me. Women's history is year round on this blog but, in a month when others are focusing on it too, I'm ramping up the spotlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment